I'm a web designer and essayist with a background in magazine journalism. I like to think that every website needs a narrative—and I just show it with lots and lots of different crayons.
My specialties include designing forward-thinking, responsive websites; interviews that will not put you to sleep; and lots of excellent sound effects. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. I've got loads of other skills I'm eager to use.
- Technical Consulting
- Brand Development
- Logo Design, Web Design and Development
In short, I want to help you find your voice, whatever the medium. (It gives me the fuzzies.) I also like to spend time working as a non-fiction Genre Editor for Paper Darts and writing a travel column for Monkeybicycle. Past projects include working professionally as the Web Editor of a yoga magazine, as a fact-checker, and a health reporter.
A small selection of my more relevant writing clips are below. Please feel free to request more: for example, did you know I once wrote for Minnesota Women's Business Monthly? That happened.
- Interview with Cole Sarar of Ring Ring Poetry
- Interview with Spork Press
- Like a Frozen Tumbleweed
- Your Humble Prairie Hometown
- Play it Again, Spam
- Beacon, Not Brooklyn
- Q & A with Josh Schrei: Advocacy-Fueled Pilgrimage
- Boost Your Creativity, Boost Your Health
- Yoga and the Art of Running
- The Sound of Silence
- Pedal Power: Eco-Commuting for Yogis